How do patients enroll in the Clozapine REMS?
Talk With Your Clozapine DoctorReview A Guide for Patients and Caregivers: What You Need to Know about Clozapine and Neutropenia with your doctor.
Ask Questions!Make sure you understand what you need to do to take part in the Clozapine REMS.
Get Your Blood TestedGet your blood tested as directed by your doctor. You must get your blood tested before you can receive Clozapine from your pharmacy.
Pick Up Your Clozapine PrescriptionPick up your Clozapine prescription from a pharmacy that is part of the Clozapine REMS. Your doctor will help you find a pharmacy that participates in the Clozapine REMS.
Tell Your Doctor Right AwayTell your doctor right away if you suffer any of the following symptoms while taking Clozapine.
- Infection, including skin, throat, urinary tract, vaginal, pneumonia, or any other infection
- Fever or chills
- Sores or ulcers inside your mouth, gums, or on your skin
- Wounds that take a long time to heal
- Feel like you have the flu
- Pain or burning while urinating
- Unusual vaginal discharge or itching
- Abdominal pain
- Sores or pain in or around your rectal area
- Feel extremely weak or tired